Sunday 20 March 2016

Concert: Peter Andre


Artist: Peter Andre
Tour: Come Swing With Me
Location: Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Date: 19th March 2016

Growing up I wasn't a huge fan of Peter Andre. I knew of his songs but greasy body and "i know i look good" vibe wasn't my kinda thing. It was however my sisters. So when she found out he was touring again, got us some tickets. We seen Peter on his last tour and had a right giggle, so we had pretty high hopes for it.

Now neither of us have brought his new album, infact I dont' think we own anything that isn't released in the 90's of Peters, we're kinda fond of that decade. So we never had a clue what he would be singing. Up until the morning of going I didn't even know what the tour was called. So the 'Come Swing With Me' tour kinda makes it obvious that its a swing tour. The last one I think was jazz.

The support acts were okay. Admittidly we're not there to see them and I sometimes feel really bad for groups/ singers that no-one bothers with. The only person I liked and I dont' have a clue who it was, was the violinist who really got everyone up just before Peter came on stage. He done a wee irish meledy in honour of St Patricks day and that was just amazing. Plus the crowd really loved it.

Peter was on stage from 9pm to 10.30pm on the dot. I can't even give you a set list because he sung different songs each night. This was a tour full of covers. It started off with '1999' which I will give it to him , worked. Then went through various eras of swing, pop and everything in between. He cover Frank Sinatra which persoanlly I don't think worked, neither did the whole Justin Timberlake 'Cry Me A River' part. Peter isn't edgy enough to pull it off. I'll be honest, the only song my sister and I wanted to hear, was Mysterious Girl, which about halfway through he started to sing it as a ballad. I knew he had to be faking it as that is his most popular song and he'd be crazy to ruin it by turning it to something totally bad. He gave up with it haha!

The night for my sister was made when before his encoure he decided to sing Bieber song 'Sorry' or something like that (i'm not a bieber fan!). But jeez everyone got up and went crazy for it. As i don't know the originall, he' pulled that one off. Then he dissapeared and came back to sing 'Mysterious Girl' which you know, was the best ending to a good show.

The thing with Peter, is that he is a good singer and doesn't need to have a fancy stuff on stage. He had two backing singers and a live band which worked. He sometimes just needs to realise he can't cover and pull off all songs possible. Stick to what he is good at. He can sell out venus that will never be an issue. And he is bloody great looking for his age. He doesnt' seem to ever get older.

Overall a great show. The highlights were Mysterious Girl, My Perogative and 1999.
I got the standard program and managed to persuade my sister to get a poster of him - which she's unsure how her husband will take..

No comments:

Post a Comment