Saturday 25 July 2015

Author Shoutout: Lisa Jewell

Lisa Jewell, born in London in 1968 wrote her first book 'Ralphs Party' for a bet, it later went on to become the best selling debut of 1998. Since then Lisa has wrote tweleve other books, with her latest 'The Girls' which came out this month.

I first got into Lisa's books by chance, a friend of mine sent me their copy of 'One Hit Wonder' and I just fell in love with it. Then whilst at the airport travelling to see said friend I brought 'Thirty Nothing' and the rest is history. I love the fact Lisa's books are easy to read, they're addictive, you can't help but want to continue reading them.

My favourite book of Lisas and I have two are 'Thirty Nothing' and '31 Dream Street'. I can relate alot to 'Thirty Nothing' even now years after it was released, it makes me smile and i love re-reading it. 31 Dream Street is just as great, it makes you believe you can achieve anythng you wish.

If I know Lisa is due a book out, its pre-ordered, then I'll enter every competition to win advanced copies. I just adore Lisa, I love the fact she writes from the heart. One day I do hope, for the next book maybe, a signing will happen in Birmingham and I can go thank Lisa for being wonderful!

Lisa's Books:
- Ralphs Party
- Thirty Nothing
- One Hit Wonder
- A Friend of the Family
- Vince & Joy
- 31 Dream Street
- The Truth About Melody Browne
- After The Party
- The Making of Us
- Before I Met You
- The House We Grew Up In
- The Third Wife
- The Girls

If you've never picked up a book by Lisa Jewell, then do so now. You're missing out on so much. Do it!

 




More about Lisa: @LisaJewellUK | www.lisa-jewell.co.uk | Official Lisa Jewell 
Get the Books: Amazon UK | Book Depository | Waterstones

No comments:

Post a Comment