Saturday 1 August 2015

July Book Haul

This month I went a little book crazy. It was allowed, I mean, it's birthday month. What better things to recieve or treat thy self to, than books. Lots of pretty books. Bargain books too! It was also a bad month for reading, I've just not been able to focus and have been on the same book for weeks.

  1. Gypsy Boy - Mikey Walsh
  2. The Last Testament - Sam Bourne
  3. Whistledown Woman - Josephine Cox
  4. A Piece of Cake - Cupcake Brown
  5. Charmed Lives - Susannah Bates
  6. Twilight (Twilight #1) - Stephenie Meyer
  7. New Moon (Twilight #2) - Stephenie Meyer
  8. Eclipse (Twlight #3) - Stephenie Meyer
  9. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight #3.5) - Stephenie Meyer
  10. Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) - Stephenie Meyer
  11. Gangsta Granny - David Walliams
  12. Sense & Sensibility - Jane Austen
  13. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll
  14. An Englishwoman in New York - Anne-Marie Casey
  15. Still Alice - Lisa Genova
  16. A Room with a View - E.M. Forster
  17. The Girls - Lisa Jewell 
  18. Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden #2) - A.R. Torre
  19. The Hunt - Tim Lebbon
  20. The Other Child - Lucy Atkins
I've never been interested in the Twilight Saga, sparkly vampires do not interest me at all however I was given New Moon with a few other books, then figured I would need to buy the first to really understand the storyline. So then opted to get all books in the series from either charity shops or boot sales. I refused to buy new, but I did want the collection to match.
I've also discovered the gorgeous range of Penguin Enlgish Library books, so i'm slowly falling in love with the simple yet stunning covers of these books. I've got three out of i believe one hundred and fifty issued. I think I've alot of saving up to do to buy them all. I do struggle with classics, so i've opted for books that I've never read and therefore I dont' know alot about.
When i found out there was going to be a sequal to 'Girl in 6E' i had to pre-order and was so excited to recieve 'Do Not Disturb' on release day. I love the story line of Deanna and I can't wait to get back into it. Plus theres a third book out in November ish time, so that will be preordered soon.

Overall, lots of pretty awesome, very different to each other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment