Sunday 1 March 2015

The Maze Runner

Title: The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)
Author: James Dashner
Type: Paperback
Read: 25th February - 1st March
Rating: 5/5
Published: 4th August 2011 by Chicken House

When the doors of the lift crank open, the only thing Thomas remembers is his first name. But he's not alone. He's surrounded by boys who welcome him to the Glade - a walled encampment at the centre of a bizarre and terrible stone maze. Like Thomas, the Gladers don't know why or how they came to be there - or what's happened to the world outside.

I brought the boxset of the Maze Runner books in November. I knew nothing about them, just knew a friend said she enjoyed the first so figured i'd get. Its' bloody fantastic. I liked it alot. Theres so much happening you just want to continue reading, finding out more.

There are a bunch of boys, all trapped in a huge place, they're able to grow food, to survive and each night the walls close. Keeping them in. Or is it keeping whats outside the walls out. Outside the walls is the Maze. It's whats these kids, because thats just what they are, have been trying for two years to solve, to find a way out. But nothing. Until Thomas arrives, then then next day Teresa. Never has a girl been sent. Never two in two days. And so chaos ensues.

It's a page turner, you want to read why these kids were caught, you want to know why the maze changes, why the walls close each night. Why suddenly, it doesn't.

I loved it. I'm not good on series, i've only really read Harry Potter and that tested me at times. But i'm all for this. I want to know more. I want answers.

The only thing that freaked me out, and its' purely my crazy imagination, was the Grievers. Seriously, they sounded nasty.


Go get it from: Amazon UK | Book Depository | Waterstones 

No comments:

Post a Comment