Friday 27 March 2015

Concert: Train


Artist: Train
Tour: Bulletproof Picasso
Location: Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
Date: 25th March 2015

This was my first concert of 2015. I randomly got into Train about a year and half ago, maybe longer. One of my friends posted a picture of one of their albums on instagram and i was decided i needed new music and brought it. Then i brought all the older albums and never looked back since. I missed Trains last tour when they did smaller places, so when I found out they were doing an arena tour, I had to go.
Now people who know me, will know I'm a girl who loves her happy-cheesy music. American bands, that play actual instruments aren't something I'd normally choose. But Train's music is amazing. There albums are so different to one another. So they were touring off the back of their latest release 'Bulletproof Picasso'.

Firstly, I must say, the support act they had 'The Magic Numbers' were bloody fantastic. I hardly say that for support as I'm not there to see them. But this sets of brothers and sisters were great. I went out and brough their album from the merchandise stands afterwards. Truely a group to watch, their album is dark and edgy.

The opening of the set started literly with a Train, i'm a big geek with them, I love actual choo choo trains, so I adored the start of the show which went very well with the song 'Just A Memory'. The thing with Train, they are good. They don't have to try. Lead singer Pat, has a bloody cracking good voice. 

I think often with Americans in general their humor is different to that of us Brits and sometimes it can be translated very wrong. But Pat was very humourous with the audience, through one song, some random dude in the crowd caused issues and the stewards just haulled him out, to which Pat remarked, they'd just kicked out his Dad. During the song 'If It's Love' Pat decided that if people wanted photos, he'd take them. So bless the poor lad at the front, he was taking phones off people and handing them to Pat who took a photo of himself whilst singing. How he didn't mess up is beyond me. But i thought it was soo cool and wished I was brave enough to do standing! It does amuse me how artist like to play cities against each other. Pat being the same, often said in a joking way, that London was better than Birmingham, of which we brummies don't agree. We can be just as loud!

From iconic songs such as Drops of Jupiter, Drive By and the latest Give It All, this tour had everything. I often felt at times, the audience was a bit flat, especially at the start, but sometimes we're just slow to catch on. Pat Monahan, is a first class singer and a good looking one at that! At the end of the show and throughout it, Pat and the rest of the band threw drum sticks and also signed t-shirts into the crowd!

Set Listing:
  1. Just A Memory
  2. Angel in Blue Jeans
  3. I'm Drinkig Tonight
  4. 50 Ways to Say Goodbye
  5. If It's Love
  6. Meet Virginia
  7. Free
  8. Hopeless
  9. Calling All Angels
  10. Save Me Sanfrancisco 
  11. Wonder What You're Doing For The Rest of Your Life
  12. Give It All
  13. Marry Me
  14. Bruises
  15. Hey Soul Sister
  16. Drive By
  17. Encore
    1. Bulletproof Picasso
    2. The Weight
    3. Drops of Jupiter 


No comments:

Post a Comment