Monday 1 February 2016

January Wrap Up & Book Haul

I've had such a good reading month in January. As much as I set out to read a certain number of books a year, the geek who works in accounts within me, works out how many books I then should read a month. To hit the target of 60, it worked out to be five a month. Now I know come summer, thats going to reduce and there is one book I am holding out to read this year, if i have the courage to do so.

But this month I'm well on my way to hitting that target of 60 with 8 books read. I made a teeny dent in my TBR pile, with only one book which wasn't a part of that originally.


Eight books. No author duplicated, four paperbacks and four hardbacks. The newest eddition was 'The Trouble with Goats & Sheep' - it arrived early and I wanted to read it badly!

Total pages read: 3,123 

My favourite was Carry On & Goats & Sheep. Both books matched the hype surrounding them. I want more from both authors.. although Rainbow Rowell does have a mini book out for World Book Day. I shall be on the search for it!

I did also buy books.. but I'm sorting out my shelves to donate those I know I won't read again.



- Nymphs - Sari Luhtanen - Rec'd from BookBridgr
- The Art of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson - Signed from Maximumpopbooks
- The Good Luck of Rigth Now - Matthew Quick
- The Trouble with Goats & Sheep - Joanna Cannon

I loved Goats & Sheep and I really do recommend this book. Its just amazing. I've heard alot of great things about The Art of Being Normal so thats going to be read soon and Nymphs just caught my attention. It probably isn't my normal read but sometimes its great to branch out to new genres. So i'm looking forward to reading it in February.

Finally...

Today i got some interesting book mail...


#yousentmealetter

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment