Friday 18 December 2015

How to Stuff up Christmas

Title: How to Stuff Up Christmas
Author: Rosie Blake
Type: Paperback
Read: 10th December - 18th December 2015
Rating: 5/5
Published: 5th November by Corvus

'Tis the season to be jolly. Unless you've found an intimate picture of another woman on your fiance's phone...

Eve is heartbroken after discovering her fiance is cheating on her. Being surrounded by the joys of Christmas is more than Eve can bear, so she chooses to avoid the festivities by spending Christmas alone on a houseboat in Pangbourne. Eve gets an unexpected seasonal surprise when handsome local vet Greg comes to her rescue one day, and continues to visit Eve's boat on a mission to transform her from Kitchen Disaster Zone to Culinary Queen.

But where does Greg keep disappearing to? What does Eve's best friend Daisy know that she isn't telling? And why is there an angry goose stalking Eve's boat?

A hilarious and heart-warming novel about Christmas, catastrophes and cooking, containing exclusive Christmas recipes, from the talented Rosie Blake.

When news came out that Rosies second book was due christmas and in paperback, I was overly excited. Firstly i adore Rosie, she seems such a lovely person, her twitter page is a must to follow, you'll never fail to smile whilst reading tweets! So yes, i pre-ordered this book the moment I could. It was tourture to wait. I kinda expect books to just come when i order...

So How to Stuff Up Christmas, was released in November. I got it and I wanted to keep it until Christmas. It was going to be my first christmas book to read, and it was, with exactly a week to go till the big day, I stayed up till v.late just so i could finish it, totally worth being late for work the next day.

The book is about Eve, who discovers her fiance Liam, is cheating on her, is the worst possible way, via text, on his phone (lets ignore that part!). Its cruel. So with christmas coming up, Eve can't fast the festivties with her family and sets her mind on doing something alone. I gota give it to Eve, I would never be brave enough to up and go away at christmas on my own. Let alone live on a boat! But she does and its wonderfull.

I love everyone in the book (except Liam and Ro-Ro!) but yeah, Marmite was just the most adorable dog ever and the geese part was just hilarious. I did love Daisy too, she was so innocent and wanted everyone happy so i felt for her towards the end, although i did think it was her all along. The relationship between Eve and Greg, made me smile, it was great to see them grow and stuff. I was sometimes annoyed with Greg for hiding his secret but I can totally understand it. I just think its a typical man thing. They're brave.. la te da!

Ooh and i really really loved Harriet. The big sister, she was ace. Kicked butt. I kinda hope my sisters think i'm like that but yeh they dont'. She was great. I want a big sister like Harriet.

Seriously if you want a book that will make you laugh and feel all kinds of crazy emotions and get you in the mood for christmas, then this book is it. There are also some cracking christmas receipes throughout (i'm going for the mulled wine one!).

Can't wait for Rosies next book!

Go Get it From: Amazon UKBook DepositoryWaterstones | Wordery

No comments:

Post a Comment