Friday 1 January 2016

2016 aims and challenge!



Happy New Year!! I'm so excited to finally be able to pick my goodreads challenge for 2016. I've aimed higher this year. I've gone for 60 books. I usually stick to 50 and always go over, so why not do a real challenge and aim higher! Fingers crossed I can do this. 

I'm not one who can pick a TBR pile, my whole book shelf is a constant TBR shelf. I can't ever pick books in advance and say 'okay this month i'll read this' - well done if you can - but I get bored, or I worry I'm missing something else much more fun. So I won't have set order of ever reading any books this year. 

The only thing I do want to do within the reading challenge is to branch out - so within the above I wish to do/ find books that will come under the following. No book can be classed as more than one category.

- Read a classic
- Read a banned book
- Discover a new author
- Read a book published in 2016
- Read a book over 600 pages
- Read a childrens book
- Read a Graphic Novel
- Read an ARC
- Read a book translated to english
- Read a book more than 100 years old
- Read a Triology
- Read a play
- Read a book that was turned into a movie
- Read a book I was given
- Read a book based on a true story
- Read a book that scares me (or an author)
- Read a book set in a different country 
- Read a book with an animal on the cover
- Read a book with a number in the title
- Read a mystery or thriller
- Read a book set into the future
- Read a book with a one word title
- Read a book based on it's cover
- Re-read a book on your shelf
- A book with a character that has your name

I think by doing this, I'm not tying myself to any one particular book and should reduce my reading shelf dramatically, if i stop buying of course (it's not going to happen but a girl can hope!).

On a personal level, I want to have fun in 2016, I really want my job to get better. I want to start enjoying it again rather than dread going there. I want to study something but not be forced to do so, and I want it to be something I enjoy. I want to get more involved with blogging and start speaking to other bloggers, and learn from them. I want to get more involved in the book community, because from the oustide, it's a brilliant one! 

I also hope to gradually come out of my comfort zone in everything I do. I can do it, I'm probably just too lazy to do so. I also want to use my reading to be more social. How that will happen is beyond me, as reading is such an isolating thing, but I'm going to see if i can find book groups locally or something. We're already in the start of planning 'World Book Day' at work - this year finally dressing up! I want to that to succeed! 

Overall I just want to be happy for 2016 and read more books.



No comments:

Post a Comment