Monday 17 July 2017

Frankenstein

Title: Frankenstein
Author: Mary Shelley
Type: Paperback
Read: 6th July - 11th July 2017
Rating: 4/5
Published: 26th April 2012 by Penguin (first published 1818)

The scientist Victor Frankenstein, obsessed with possessing the secrets of life, creates a new being from the bodies of the dead. But his creature is a twisted, gruesome parody of a man who, rejected for his monstrous appearance, sets out to destroy his maker.

Mary Shelley's chilling Gothic tale, conceived after a nightmare in 1816 when she was only eighteen, became a modern myth. It is a disturbing and dramatic exploration of birth and death, creation and destruction, and one of the most iconic horror stories of all time.

I brough this book when I was going through my phase of "I want to read/buy all the Penguin English Library books" - do you know how many of them there are?? Also I'm pretty rubbish at reading classics.

But this one is as thick or as tedious as some classics I tend to pick out. This one was actually pretty damn good. It held my attention and I realy enjoyed it. I'm not sure if Frankenstein is meant to be a "miserable" type of book as it can be pretty depressing but I thought it was cracking.

Scentiest Victor Frankenstein is obsessed in working out life. He manages to creat a being that is not human nor animal. It's a mash up of everything hideous known to man. So much so that once the being comes alive Victor himself is so disgusted by what he has created he abandons the creater altogether. But Frankenstein is not to be forgotten.

We learn how from the moment that Victor leaves him to them "meeting" again - what Frankenstein has achieved himself. Not only realising he is a monster but one that learns by watching to read, and talk and even to the point help people. But all he craves is company. Of a being like him. One that Victor must agree to make or more deaths of those nearest and dearest will occur.



I actually found this story sad. I felt more for Frankenstein than Victor who I thought was cruel to agree to the final wish to only change his mind. Then determind the only way to end Frankenstien for all was to distory him. Which kinda caused his death too.

Now this was a classic i understood! Throughly enjoyed.
 


Go Get it From: Amazon UKBook DepositoryWaterstones | Wordery
Follow @PenguinUKBooks 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment