Wednesday 16 November 2016

A Room With A View

Title: A Room With A View
Author: E.M. Forster
Type: Paperback
Read: 30th October - 16th November 2016
Rating: 2/4
Published: 27th September 2012 by Penguin Books

Lucy has her rigid, middle-class life mapped out for her until she visits Florence with her uptight cousin Charlotte, and finds her neatly ordered existence thrown off balance. Her eyes are opened by the unconventional characters she meets at the Pension Bertolini: flamboyant romantic novelist Eleanor Lavish, the Cockney Signora, curious Mr Emerson and, most of all, his passionate son George.Lucy finds herself torn between the intensity of life in Italy and the repressed morals of Edwardian England, personified in her terminally dull fiancé Cecil Vyse. Will she ever learn to follow her own heart?

I'm terrible with classics. I know my limits and these books test them.
I brought this because i liked the 'penguin english library' editions and they looked very sleek and stunning. I've quite a few. However i always struggle reading classics. They never seem to capture my attention or i gradually fall asleep reading them.

I've marked this as two stars because I've read it and I've not the foggiest idea of what I actually read. BUT... i will re-read this one day. Perhaps i need to read it in the summer time when the nights are lighter and not winter when its so cold.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment