Saturday 7 November 2015

Last Book Haul of the Year


This is a mixture of book hauls, I've been very slacking lately and just haven't had time to do anything book related posting really. But I've brought these lovelies since September to now. I've read two of them so far as well.

  1. Gorsky - Vesna Goldsworthy
  2. The Leopard - Giuseppe Tomasi De Lampedusa
  3. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  4. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
  5. A Parcel For Anna Browne - Miranda Dickinson {Read}
  6. How To Stuff Up Christmas - Rosie Blake
  7. Mosquitoland - David Arnold {Read}
  8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon
  9. The Deep - Nick Cutter
  10. Love Letters to the Dead - Ava Dellaira
  11. Carry On - Rainbow Rowell
  12.  Through the Woods - Emily Carroll
I got Mosquitoland & The Deep via Bookbridgr which I was super pleased about. Mosquitland is really enjoyable and The Deep looks really dark. I was told Gorksy is an updated verision of The Great Gatsby, I picked it up not knowing that until I paid, but the cover was bright red and stood out. So i cant' wait to get around to reading it.

Everyone knows why I brought Carry On. It's one of the most talked about books this year having made is fictional debut in Fangirl.. so the fact we get a whole book about Baz and Simon Snow is just wonderful. I'm really hoping it lives up to expectation. I'm also so overly excited to finally get my hands on Rosies book;  How to Stuff Up Christmas. This one, I have also waited patiently for as well.. so woo I got it delivered the day before release date. And I was invited to the book launch which is happening next week in London, sadly I am flying out to Poland on the day it's to take place, so I'm very gutted I will be missing all the fun.

My final exciting book is the graphic novel 'Through the Woods'. I've never read a graphic novel before, and when I searched on good reads, found there were thousands. But alot fo them seemed like they were part of a series which I didnt' really want. So when i seen this one, i ummed and Ahh'd about it for ages. I took the plunge and it looks good. I've only flicked through it so far, but some of the graphics are scary as... good time to read around all-hallows-eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment